Trademark Registration Process
Trademark Online Filing System
Trademark Registry India has introduced a comprehensive e-filing portal to make the filing of an application easy. The trademark online filing system enables applicants to file the trademark and upload supporting documents for faster processing with just one click! The new digitized process was heralded as a major milestone in Intellectual Property Rights history when it launched last year on October 1st 2018; here’s hoping that this will encourage more companies around the world to adopt modernizing practices like these so they can take advantage too. Also, unlike the manual filings online filing works 24/7 365 days per year; there are no restrictions on when you can file through our site unlike other methods which only operate during business hours – both these features make this platform stand apart from others in its class
Benefits of Online Trademark Filing
- The comprehensive e-filing system is cost-effective.
- It boosts up the filing process and is considered to be faster and speedier.
- The online filing unlike manual filings works 24 hours and 365 days i.e both business and non-business days.
- The online portal provides end to end registration services starting from the trademark application to trademark registration, including the filing of replies, modifications, amendments’, uploading documents, filing of notice of opposition, counter-statement, filing requests for renewals and a lot more.
- Easy to access and any one can file through the e-portal.
How to access it?
In order to avail of the services of e-filing, the applicant or the attorney has to register himself on the website by filling a user registration form. After successfully filling the form, the website will generate a user id and password, which shall be used for all filing purposes.
Procedure for Registration
Register: The first step is to register on the Trademark Office Portal. The Portal will generate a login id and password. The applicant has the option to access the account via User ID or the Digital Signature. Selection of Application: The web portal has a series of applications from which the applicant may choose. It can either be a domestic filing or an international filing. Fill Up of Details: After selecting the application type, the applicant will be directed to the form section, where you will have to enter the required details and verify them. Signature: After verifying the details of the application, the applicant is required to sign the document using a class 3 digital signature. Payment: The applicant has to pay the required fees through the payment gateway and once the payment is received, an acknowledgment will be sent to the applicant immediately. Generation of Application Number: Once the payment is realized, the applicant will receive a permanent application. Therefore, The whole process of getting a trademark registered can takes a year. E-filing quickens the process, at least concerning the filing of the application.