Trademark in Flipkart Brand Registry
Flipkart platform is an aggregator model e-commerce business run by the Indian firm Flipkart. When you list your product under a brand name in Flipkart, you can be sure it will gain lots of attention and business. And chances are, your efforts to trademark it will be well-received. So, if you have a brand and want to list it on Flipkart, it’s safe and ideal to register the brand name in Flipkart Trademark Registry. This will give you exclusivity and make it more difficult for copycats to imitate your brand name and list their products on Flipkart. Here’s how to get a trademark in the Flipkart brand registry.
Get Your Brand Name Listed on Flipkart
The Flipkart Brand Registry is a repository of trademarks registered with its e-commerce platform. It includes trademarks for products and services sold by Flipkart and trademarks for brands owned by Flipkart’s parent company, Amazon.com.
You need to create an account on the Flipkart Trademark Registry to start the whole process. You could have an account with over 100,000 names and numbers, but we doubt it. So, you’ll need to create an account with a single, stated purpose. For example, your account will be used to register your marks, brands, products, and more. So, create an account with a descriptive purpose.
WHAT IS A BRAND REGISTRY?
Brand registry is a platform on Flipkart where sellers can upload their Brand and products for selling on the Flipkart platform. Registration of brand registry is vital when selling the Flipkart platform. You must get product and brand approvals, without which you will not be allowed to sell on the platform. Brand Registry is required to improve the marketing and quality of your product. The brand registry helps you protect your intellectual property and create an accurate and trusted customer experience. The main purpose of registering the Brand is to protect and build the Brand of a product and create a better experience for customers. Once your Brand is registered, Flipkart gives you several ways to grow your sales.
WHY IS THE BRAND REGISTRY IMPORTANT?
As the registered Brand, the Brand will be protected by Flipkart. Flipkart may consider you for brand rating where brand owners can reject the other sellers from selling the fake products. Barcode Registration can be crucial and practical decision and an excellent solution for cost-saving and time-saving.
- Logo & brand name
- Product image & its MRP
- All sides images of the product
- Trademark certificate
- Brand authorization letter (from the brand owner)
- Copy of invoice (purchase bill) (for retailers)
- Copy of Category-specific government license (E.g., FSSAI)
- Purchase bill of raw materials (for a manufacturer)
- ATTENTION OF PEOPLE: When you want to get attention from customers, the brand logo is the first step to moving on.
- FIRST IMPRESSION SHOULD BE STRONG: When you introduce your Brand that is uniquely designed, it creates a strong impression in the minds of the consumers. A unique brand logo will give them a curiosity to know more about the Brand, and it helps the company build trust among the customers.
- INCREASES BRAND LOYALTY: When a company provides a good quality product to the customer, a customer will purchase the product again if the company logo is attractive among customers in the market. It will help a company to bring the customers again and again.
- BRAND TAG: A brand tag includes a barcode, place of manufacturing, MRP, and other requisite details. We can find the tag on clothing, shopping on it. It’s very important to ensure the details of the product are given accurately to avoid any miscommunications.
- BRAND PACKAGING: Packaging the product is one of the basic requirements to be addressed while designing a product. It helps build the brand visibility and viability among the customers, supporting branding. Some of the companies promote their trademark with their packaging.
- BRAND REGISTRATION PROCESS: There are two sets of processes brand and available for brand registration of Flipkart. It can be categorized as pre-approved brand registration and New Brand Registration. The procedure is the same; the difference can be analyzed in the documents required to be submitted. To know more, contact our IP Experts:
Pre-Approved Brand and Restricted Category Approval:
- Log into your Flipkart seller account.
- Click my listings right under the listings tab- add a new listing and click on add single listing.
- Select Product Category.
- Select Brand- click on check brand.
- Apply for brand Approval.
For Brand Approval, the seller must fill the form with requisite details like brand name, brand logo, website link, MRP tags, Trademark certificate, and brand authorization letter.
You have to wait for brand approval, which usually takes 48 hours. You will be intimated via email.
After the brand approval request, the next step is a mandatory physical audit by Flipkart. This audit will decide whether the seller is permitted to sell the requested Brand or not. Flipkart needs to ensure that the seller is doing a legit business by following all legal and business guidelines to sell in the requested category, so the auditor performs a physical check of the seller’s premises.
Please note that: Audit will not be conducted for all the products but selected ones based on the discretion of the Flipkart authorities.
The Audit Process:
- Seller initiates approval for their specific category.
- The auditor/quality champion visits the seller’s premises, and they perform a check as per Flipkart standard requirements.
- These audit results are published in my Audit section under the listings
The Audit Outcome:
- If you pass the final audit process, you will be able to sell in the requested brand/category.
- In case you fail the audit process, you can check for the reasons under my audit section, make them rectified, and apply again.
- If you repeatedly fail the audit process, you have to contact Flipkart customer service, and they will explain the exact reason you failed along with what needs to be done to pass the audit process.
Key Points to remember:
1. The process becomes easy if you have all your documents in place.
2. Understand the legal complexities and 3. make sure all the requisites are correctly followed.
3. Make sure your licenses are up to date so that your Brand gets approved in the first attempt itself.
4. Ensure no discrepancies in the details filled and proofs attached.
5. Be legally strong and take help from IP experts to avoid duplication of work.
For assistance on TRADEMARK REGISTRATION and brand approval strategies,
contact our IP Experts today.